"Moreover, you scorned our people, and compared the Albanese to sheep, and according to your custom think of us with insults. Nor have you shown yourself to have any knowledge of my race. Our elders were Epirotes, where this Pirro came from, whose force could scarcely support the Romans. This Pirro, who Taranto and many other places of Italy held back with armies. I do not have to speak for the Epiroti. They are very much stronger men than your Tarantini, a species of wet men who are born only to fish. If you want to say that Albania is part of Macedonia I would concede that a lot more of our ancestors were nobles who went as far as India under Alexander the Great and defeated all those peoples with incredible difficulty. From those men come these who you called sheep. But the nature of things is not changed. Why do your men run away in the faces of sheep?"
Letter from Skanderbeg to the Prince of Taranto ▬ Skanderbeg, October 31 1460

Pjeter Bogdani na qenka Maqedon (!)

Këtu mund të flisni mbi historinë tonë duke sjellë fakte historike për ndriçimin e asaj pjese të historisë mbi të cilen ka rënë harresa e kohës dhe e njerëzve.

Moderators: Arbëri, Strokulli

Strokulli
Poster Grande Member
Poster Grande Member

Re: Pjeter Bogdani na qenka Maqedon (!)

Post by Strokulli » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:42 am

Because with province of "Macedonia" were called some zones of Central and Northern Albania by the Catholic Diocesis since the 13 December 1402, as was requested to Pope Boniface VIII to reorganize and divide from the diocesis of Raguza the custodies of Durazzo, Shas, Shkodra, Ulqini and Antivari. When 'Cuneus Prophetarum' was printed in 1685 had passed more than 29 years since Petrus Bogdanus was serving in that province of "Macedonia", precisely he was Bishop of Shkodra and Administrator of Antivari since 1656 - that's why it is called "Petro Bogdano Macedone" - of this 'Macedonia' province.

bardus
Star Member
Star Member

Post by bardus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Strokulli wrote:Because with province of "Macedonia" were called some zones of Central and Northern Albania by the Catholic Diocesis since the 13 December 1402, as was requested to Pope Boniface VIII to reorganize and divide from the diocesis of Raguza the custodies of Durazzo, Shas, Shkodra, Ulqini and Antivari. When was printed in 1685 had passed more than 29 years since Petrus Bogdanus was serving in that province of "Macedonia", precisely he was Bishop of Shkodra and Administrator of Antivari since 1656 - that's why it is called "Petro Bogdano Macedone" - of this 'Macedonia' province.
Ashtu quheshin ne ate kohe edhe maqedone,arbane,epirote.Ne hyrje te librit 'Cuneus Prophetarum' ,ne kete kopje ne dy gjuhe italisht dhe shqip krahas njera tjetres, shkruajten shume personalitete qe beheshin dorezene per librin,se permbajtja ne shqip(epirotica) dhe ne italisht(ketu) eshte e rregullt pa shtremberime ,njeri nga ata nje italian Dott. Silvestro Antoni shkruan per Bogdanin dhe e krahason me Aleksandrin e Madh:

" Ne qofte se nje Maqedon pushtoi boten
nje tjeter Maqedon pushton boten e Krishtit "

bardus
Star Member
Star Member

Post by bardus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:23 pm

Strokulli
Poster Grande Member
Poster Grande Member

Post by Strokulli » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:54 pm

Strokulli wrote:Because with province of "Macedonia" were called some zones of Central and Northern Albania by the Catholic Diocesis since the 13 December 1402, as was requested to Pope Boniface VIII to reorganize and divide from the diocesis of Raguza the custodies of Durazzo, Shas, Shkodra, Ulqini and Antivari. When 'Cuneus Prophetarum' was printed in 1685 had passed more than 29 years since Petrus Bogdanus was serving in that province of "Macedonia", precisely he was Bishop of Shkodra and Administrator of Antivari since 1656 - that's why it is called "Petro Bogdano Macedone" - of this 'Macedonia' province.
"In Epyrus, and in that quarter that adjoineth to Macedonia named Albania, reigned then one Johannes Castriotus; who, perceiving himself too weak to match with the Turk's power, made with the Turk this convention, that he should have Croia..". This 'quarter that adjoineth to Macedonia' was a part of Central and Northern Albania, and was annexed to 'MACEDONIA' after the TURKS seized Johannes Castriotus's kingdom, and later was taken again by George Kastrioti.. (This is the connection with the Catholic Diocesis denomination of the province of 'Macedonia' since 1402).

This is what writes Petro Budis, the Bishop of Sapa and Sarda in northern Albania, about the region in the year 1621, 153 years after George Kastrioti's death: ''Towards the border of Macedonia and Bulgaria, there is another region of peoples which is called the Scanderbeg Country, i.e. Ematia (Mat), Benda (Bena), Corbini (Kurbin), Tamadea and Cermenica (Çermenika) situated in the mountains above Kruja and Elbasani (Elbasan), although they are mixed with Muslims, MOST OF THEM, however, are CHRISTIANS and are no less strong and warlike''.

35 years later, Petrus Bogdanus was elected as Bishop of Shkodra and Administrator of Antivari, so he was a 'Macedonian' because of living 'in this 'quarter that adjoineth to Macedonia named 'Albania' - since the Turks settled Johannes Castriotus kingdom'. Prizren, Skopje, were under the Serbian despotate. P. Bogdanus mentions 'in that region today called Kosove' about Prizren. And the 8th of November 1677 P. Bogdanus became also 'Archiepiscopo SCUPORUM ac totius REGNI SERVIAE Administratore', left by his uncle, Andrea Bogdanus, that was also Bishop in other catholic diocesis like Oher.

In the ''Illyrici Sacri, Tomus Octavus'' it's written: ''Egregium librum composuit latina et slavica lingua cui titulus 'Cuneus prophetarum de Christo salvatore mundi et eius evangelica veritate'''. They don't specificate arbanesh language, the real language of the book, but they say 'slavica lingua', and this probably is a generalization that happens because he was the Administrator of all the Kingdom of Serbia Catholic Diocesis. Petrus Bogdanus wrote this in his preface about the people of Serbia Despotate of the XVII century: ''that land of ARBEN and SERBIA, which, a BIG PART SPEAK ARBENESH LANGUAGE'' and adds ''coming the Saint Religion originally from Albania into the land of the DESPOT, the slavics, by definition, call the CATHOLIC religion ALBANIAN RELIGION''.

bardus
Star Member
Star Member

Post by bardus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Eshte interesant te dihet se, Pjeter Bogdani i ka quajtur edhe Spartanet Maqedone(arbneshe).

10. Herodiani lib.2. Cesarum. Shkruante, Perandori Cesar August ,deshironte fort te kishte ne ushtrine e tij Arbneshet:
per se jane te besueshem shume,e nuk i merr uria dhe etja,e se jane me zemrake se te tjeret.Ashtu sic beri Aleksandri i Madh,
Skenderbeu, dhe 300 Maqedonet kunder ushtrise se panumert te Xerxes;
dhe me vone Malesoret tane ,te cilet
kurre nuk ju perulen krereve te Sanxhakve ,te nje Mizori kaq te madh qe ja nxori djerset krejt botes,por kthehemi
ne ligjeraten tone,qe te dashurit te mos na largohen.

Return to “Historia e Shqiperise”